Senior NDIS Business Consultant
Do you have extensive experience in disability services?
Would you like to work more autonomously, but under the supportive umbrella of one of the leading consulting groups in our sector?
We are offering a unique business and consulting opportunity for self-motivated individuals to help us meet current and future demand in new regions.
Disability Services Consulting offers consulting Australia-wide to businesses in the disability sector. We are leaders in the sector, providing advice, research, analysis, auditing, coaching, training and implementation support in a wide range of NDIS readiness areas including business strategy, marketing, change leadership, client engagement and workforce preparation. Our success is built on a very talented team and a strong values-based approach.
We are currently undergoing rapid growth, and need to expand our consultant base to meet interstate demand.
As an associate you will work as a part-time contractor, and will also play a key role in expanding our operations in your region by developing relationships with potential clients, positioning DSC at key events, and generating new business.
As a Senior Consultant you will play a lead role on consulting projects, responsible for day-to-day running and completion of projects. You will need at least 5 years experience in the disability sector, as well as an extensive background in consulting, engagement, project management or business leadership. You will receive training and mentoring to support you in your role.
Work is allocated on a project basis according to Consultant interest and expertise. Project size is very varied (anywhere from a half day to multiple weeks) and no minimum amount of work is guaranteed. Projects can be anywhere around Australia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Client engagement – liaison, meetings, presentations;
- Prepare proposals;
- Lead consulting projects– co-design and delivery of offerings;
- Undertake rigorous analysis of findings and develop comprehensive and clear conclusions and recommendations;
- Prepare consulting reports and present findings to clients;
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and potential clients;
- Proactively seek new business opportunities and win new clients;
- Represent DSC at speaking engagements and industry events;
- Work closely with DSC Directors and team for project design, business improvement and shared learning;
- Develop thought leadership material to position DSC’s capabilities and consultancy expertise.
- Continuously improve the business consulting methodology ensuring consistent communication both within DSC and to the market on our capabilities.
Key Selection Criteria
- Minimum 5 years experience in the disability sector;
- Minimum 5 years experience in consulting, engagement, project management or business leadership;
- Proven entrepreneurialism, driving business development and proactively seeking new opportunities;
- Self motivated and autonomous work style;
- Demonstrated track record of ensuring exceptional customer outcomes and building enduring client relationships;
- Demonstrated capacity-building / educative approach to work;
- Strong analytical interpretation and advanced problem-solving abilities;
- Demonstrated adaptability and love of continuous learning;
- Passion for making a meaningful contribution;
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Exceptional skills in facilitation, presentation and public speaking;
- Proven ability to adapt style and language for understanding and rapid rapport building with diverse audience;
- IT savvy - demonstrated proficiency with all MS office applications.
- A university background in business, marketing or communication;
- Lived experience of disability.
How to Apply
Before you apply, please find out more about us and our work at www.disabilityservicesconsulting.com.au
To apply, please send your up-to-date resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using subject header 'Senior Consultant Vacancy'. Please include a cover letter with a response to each of the above key selection criteria. Responses must include examples that demonstrate your skills and experience for each KSC.
Please note that we will only consider applications that address the selection criteria.
Applications will close as soon as we find the right person.