Considering becoming an NDIS provider?
Registering as an NDIS provider is complicated.
Here is a guide to the process and available resources to help you through the journey.
Step 1: Learn about the NDIS
Welcome to the new world of NDIS, a consumer driven insurance scheme that enables people with disability to purchase services and supports to meet their goals. The NDIS has s0me helpful resources for prospective providers:
- The NDIS website www.ndis.gov.au
- The Provider Toolkit https://providertoolkit.ndis.gov.au/
- The Provider Readiness checklist https://providertoolkit.ndis.gov.au/21-readiness-checklist
The NDIS Quarterly Reports has some great information regarding current market conditions: https://www.ndis.gov.au/about-us/information-publications-and-reports/quarterly-reports
And the Market Position Statements help you understand how the market place will likely look in the future: https://www.ndis.gov.au/market-position-statements.html
Step 2: Choosing Registration Categories
Potential providers must identify which Registration Groups they would like to provide services and supports under. Each registration group has different requirements so get your thinking and reading caps on!
You can check out our webinar the Who, What, How & Why of registering to work out what this means!
Here are some resources also provided by the NDIS that help you in this area
- Provider Registration Guide to Suitability https://providertoolkit.ndis.gov.au/sites/g/files/net3066/f/provider_registration_guide_to_suitability.pdf
- NDIS Price Guides https://www.ndis.gov.au/providers/pricing-and-payment
- The Support Categories Table https://providertoolkit.ndis.gov.au/sites/g/files/net3066/f/support_categories.pdf
Step 3: Understand the Quality and Safeguarding Framework
The new Quality and Safeguarding Framework will take effect from 1 July 2018 in a progressive rollout across Australia. It outlines the quality and compliance requirements you must follow to become an NDIS registered provider and of course provide a great service to people with disability.
You can check out our Webinar on the Quality Framework to understand the key changes for prospective providers.
Read our DSC Article on the changes: http://www.disabilityservicesconsulting.com.au/resources/2018/2/22/sneak-peek-quality-safeguarding
DSS has also published a helpful fact sheet on the changes: https://www.dss.gov.au/disability-and-carers/programs-services/for-people-with-disability/ndis-quality-and-safeguards-commission/ndis-quality-and-safeguards-commission-provider-fact-sheet
Step 4: Register to become an NDIS Provider
The National Quality & Safeguarding Framework is rolling out in NSW & SA in July 2018 and elsewhere from July 2019 (WA in 2020). Until the National Framework rolls out in the regions where you wish to provide services, providers wanting to register will need to meet each State or Territory's existing requirements.
Check out our webinar on the who, what, how & why of registering. This includes the current registration process in each state where the National Quality & Safeguarding Framework will not be in effect until 2019 or 2020.
Also check out the following NDIS documents
- Terms of Business (PDF) (DOC)
- Declaration of Suitability (PDF) (DOC)
- Guide to Suitability (PDF) (DOC).
NDIS Registration Mentoring Package
The NDIS registration process can be complex and daunting for service providers entering the market for the first time, with both state and federal requirements to be met. DSC’s registration mentoring package is tailored to assist new providers to navigate the registration process and NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework.
- 4 x 1 hour individual mentoring sessions with a DSC Subject Matter Specialist, with session content tailored to suit your particular registration needs.
- Access to 3 DSC Webinars:
- The Who, What, How & Why of NDIS Registration
- NDIS in a nutshell
- The Quality and Safeguarding Framework: What you need to know
- Tools and resources to assist you through the registration process
At the completion of the mentoring process, you will be able to identify the resources and supports you need to register with the NDIS. We will simplify the requirements and guide you through the steps you will need to take to meet the quality and safeguarding requirements of your state and/or national registration.
Method of delivery
Video conference or phone sessions
The total package fee is $1590 + GST. Please register by completing checkout through the button below.